[asterisk-users] Executing Script after MixMonitor is called

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 18:18:48 CST 2012

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 10:29 AM, Faraj Khasib <fkhasib at iconnecths.com> wrote:
> Hello Guys,
> I am trying to convert files that are .wac to mp3 after mixmonitor command is called but it doesnt execute the command, I tried the command in terminal it worked, any help please ... below is my dial plan
> exten=6500,n,Set(MIXMONITOR_EXEC=&& nice -n 19 /usr/local/bin/lame -b 8 -t -F -m m --bitwidth 8 --quiet "/var/spool/asterisk/monitor/${CALLFILENAME}.wav" "/var/spool/asterisk/monitor/${CALLFILENAME}.mp3" && rm -f "/var/spool/asterisk/monitor/${CALLFILENAME}.wav")
> exten=6500,n,MixMonitor(${CALLFILENAME}.wav,b)

One obvious thing to try is to make sure that when you're making your
shell test that you are running the shell as the same user that
asterisk is running as.

Set your console to at least verbose = 3, and run the dialplan. What
do you get for the error?

I will say just looking at that code, you have a mess. It would be
simpler to debug if you made a short shell script that consisted of
something like

shebang /path/to/bash

PATH=$1
lame --arguments $1.wav $1.mp3
if [ -f {$1}.mp3 ] ; then
 rm {$1}.wav

and then call that script with the argument that is the path to the
file. Will make your dialplan easier to debug, and still get you the
equivalent functionality.