[asterisk-users] Sip Registration Hijacking

eherr email.eherr9633 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 08:06:28 CST 2012

I appreciate your 2-cents worth.

However, I do not believe they have access to machine

If so, they are clever to create three failures in the logs for my benefit before entering the correct one for hijacking.

Additionally, I have a lot of sip extensions to hijack and he keeps going for the same one.

I was hoping this was something with the MP-118 and someone experienced the same thing with that device.

Either way, I posed two questions which are still unanswered and probably I will never get answered:

1 - is this a vulnerability in the MP-118

2 - what method could they possibly be using to hijack a number-alpha extension which is creative to begin with ie)
203-Joes_Insurance_Service with an openssl generated password of 12 characters.

Thanks,

--E