[asterisk-users] Blocking in: ast_waitfor_nandfds

Ishfaq Malik ish at pack-net.co.uk
Wed Jan 25 07:34:15 CST 2012

Hi

I'm using asterisk 1.8.7.0 on a ContOS 5.6 machine
Earlier today I spotted multiple occurrences of the following type of
warning
handle_response_invite: just did sched_add waitid(1955858) for
sip_reinvite_retry for dialog etc...

I recognised this as a hung channel, which I've not had since upgrading
from 1.8.3.2
When I found the hung channel I noticed the following in the channel
info
Blocking in: ast_waitfor_nandfds

Luckily this hung channel was able to be cleared by doing a channel
request ahngup but I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on
the issue

Thanks in advance

Ish

--