[asterisk-users] ConfBridge details

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Jan 24 16:32:17 CST 2012

On 01/24/2012 04:28 PM, Jeremy Kister wrote:
> On 1/23/2012 3:53 PM, Jeremy Kister wrote:
>> What I'm trying to do is keep track of conferences that are used.
>
> this seems to work:
> [macro-confbridge-setup]
> exten => s,1,Set(NUM=$[0${NUM} + 1]);
> exten => s,n,Set(CONFNO=99${NUM})
> exten => s,n,Set(CONFS=${SHELL(asterisk -rx "core show channels" | awk
> '/ConfBridge/ { print $2 }' | awk -F@ '{ print $1 }' | sort | uniq |
> grep ${CONFNO} )})
> exten => s,n,GotoIf($["${CONFS}" = "${CONFNO}"]?1)
> exten => s,n,Noop(got a new conference# ${CONFNO})
>
> but there's got to be a better way than spawning X shell commands for
> 'asterisk -rx', right ?

Note that ConfBridge in Asterisk 1.8 is nearly 'experimental', and it
was almost completely rewritten for Asterisk 10. There is gained a lot
more functionality, and much more flexible configuration system, and
dialplan functions that allow access to the sorts of information you are
looking for.

In essence, I would suggest not spending too much time trying to work
the Asterisk 1.8 version of ConfBridge into your dialplan/repertoire,
unless you really need it. The version in Asterisk 10 is much, much better.

--
Kevin P. Fleming