[asterisk-users] Cordless SIP phone

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Mon Jan 23 09:49:25 CST 2012

On Monday 23 January 2012, eherr wrote:
> I have one of these already installed.
>
> I have a plain household cordless phone plugged into an SPA which then SIPs
> back to the server.
>
> Where I want to put the new on is outside the range.
>
> I thought SIP cordless phones would be better on the range.
>
> Either way, does the two mentioned:
>
> Gigaset
> Panasonic KX-TGP500
>
> Allow to program an extension from the asterisk so it is integrated into
> the phone system as if it were just another Polycom extension?

As far as Asterisk is concerned, any SIP phone  (even a POTS phone plugged
into a SIP-FXS adaptor)  is a SIP phone  (we once had an unholy mix of
Grandstream, Zultys and another make I can't remember now on our network).
You just have to give it an entry in sip.conf with a default context.

--
AJS

Answers come *after* questions.