[asterisk-users] Efficient logging of PRI traffic for later analysis?

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Fri Jan 20 10:59:28 CST 2012

On Friday 20 January 2012, Olivier wrote:
> Which tool would you then pick read or analyse those ISDN, Q.SIG, SS7
> pcap files ?
> I took quick look at Wireshark capabilities but I'm still not sure
> about its relevance.

Once you have got some data in a simple text file, not much beats awk for
making sense of it.

It's one of the standard Unix text processing utilities; it's so necessary,
some distros put it in /bin aot /usr/bin; and if you've never used it before,
once you start using it, you'll wonder how you ever lived without it.

Read the manpage and search online for more information.

--
AJS

Answers come *after* questions.