[asterisk-users] Efficient logging of PRI traffic for later analysis?

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.co.uk
Thu Jan 19 17:25:36 CST 2012

Often, when I want to be able to do post-mortem analysis of network
traffic, I can have a suitable tcpdump with -w to capture raw packets
for later analysis with Wireshark. On some systems I have this running
continuously on the SIP port.

Is there any way of doing something similar with PRI ISDN protocol?
I certainly don't want to have pri span debug running all the time,
but from time to time I do get customer queries about calls that have
failed or dropped for some reason, and it would be very useful to be
able to view the PRI exchange retrospectively. So I'd like the ability
efficiently to log PRI traffic raw to a file and then interpret it later.

Does anything like this exist already? Or could anyone point me in
the right direction for developing something?

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield