[asterisk-users] Voicemail weirdness after upgrade

Paul Schenkeveld asterisk-users at psconsult.nl
Thu Jan 19 07:33:36 CST 2012

Hi,

I just replaced an ancient Asterisk 1.2 server by a new Asterisk 1.8.8.1
server (running on FreeBSD 8.2p4).

I got almost everything working except for voicemail.

In my extensions.conf I have something like:

    exten => 5551234,1,Dial(SIP/101, 20)
    exten => 5551234,n,Voicemail(1234,su)
    exten => 5551234,n,Playback(vm-goodbye)
    exten => 5551234,n,Hangup

In voicemail.conf:

    1234 => 5678,My personal voicemail,voicemail at mydomain.tld

If I call in and wait for 20 secs I hear my recorded enavailable
recording and can leave a message after the tone.  If I then hang up the
calling phone without first pressing # the recorded message is left in
/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/1234/tmp and it is not accessible
thru Voicemailmain().  Only if I press # after leaving a message, the
recording is saved in INBOX.

People are not used to press # to finish a recording here and it always
worked fine without the # in Asterisk 1.2 so I hope there is something
that I have overlooked to allow voicemail to function as expected
without the requirement of pressing #.

Kind regards,

Paul Schenkeveld