[asterisk-users] Prepaid billing

Zohair Raza engineerzuhairraza at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 10:24:18 CST 2012

Hi All,

I am writing a billing engine in AGI. My scenario is :

One customer can have simultaneous calls and I need to hang up one
customer's all call when balance reaches 0

If I set limit for each call using 'L' in dial command, lets say 5 minutes
in accordance with remaining credit and connect the call, few seconds later
a 2nd call comes in and the first call is still in progress. If I permit
the same 5 minutes as per this formula and both calls remains connected for
the next 5 minutes then credit will go in minus which is not acceptable.

One option is to charge credit via AMI and as soon as the credit goes 0,
hangup all calls for this customer.

Is there any other way to achieve this ?

Regards,
Zohair Raza