[asterisk-users] Asterisk as UAC: How to put call OnHold

Johannes Zweng john999888 at zweng.at
Tue Jan 17 07:31:47 CST 2012

Thanks for your hint, but unfortunately this does not result in the
behaviour I am looking for. When I start "MusicOnHold" Asterisk
streams the OnHold music itself, even if I specifiy an invalid MoH
class or one without files.

What I was looking for is a way to send a re-INVITE to its upstream
SIP provider to inform it that the call should be placed on hold,
exactly as described in the example in Section 2.1 of RFC 5359
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5359#section-2.1).

Does anyone know how to do this from Asterisk dialplan? Any ideas are
appreciated! :-)

Greetings from a snowy Vienna,
John :-)