[asterisk-users] How to check currently used libraries from command line ?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Jan 16 06:35:29 CST 2012

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 11:14:48AM +0100, Olivier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've recently upgraded a system from 1.8 to asterisk 10 and also
> updated spandsp while doing so.
> I wondered what is the safest and easiest way to check from command
> line which libraries a running Asterisk system is currently using
> (just like "dahdi show version", for instance).
>
> Though I'm currently asking this for spandsp, this question is on a
> more general plan (for example, which ssl library am I currently using
> ?).

To see the actual memory map of the process:

  pmap $PID_OF_ASTERISK

Code is mapped from files, and thus you'll see the original files.
You'll probably need to remove duplicates and such.

Note that ldd of /usr/sbin/asterisk will not give you libraries of the
various modules. For that you'll have to run ldd on the specific
modules.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com