[asterisk-users] Real T1 trunk group...

Dale Noll dnoll at wi.rr.com
Mon Jan 16 05:58:18 CST 2012

On 01/16/2012 04:48 AM, Louis Carreiro wrote:
> I've been banging my head against the wall for a while (almost 18
> hours today alone) with this one... I migrated our incomming T1's from
> the Option 11 to our Asterisk box this morning. We have 1 local T1 and
> 2 long distance T1's. The local T1 went over with out a hitch. The
> problem is with my 2 long distance T1's. The switch on the other end
> is a DMS250 I'm told so I set Asterisk to DMS100 and got the timing,
> framing, etc all set. Well, the D channels came up so thats good. I
> started getting dropped calls every once in a while. I did a debug on
> the spans and saw the following:

Sounds similar to what I am doing. Migrating from a Nortel Option 61 to
Asterisk.  I have everything set, and am just waiting for an appropriate
window to move the 4 T-1s (2 trunk groups). All PRIs are national
though, not DMS100.
> I tried configuring a trunkgroup and set the primary dch to 24 and the
> bdch to 72 and then then spanmap'ed span 2 and 3 into group 1 (e.g.
> 2,1,0 and 3,1,1) but I don't see anything when I do a "dahdi show
> channels" or a "pri show spans" or a "pri show channels", not even the
> channels not in the group. If I delete the trunkgroup, all three
> commands return all the channels.
> I'm just curious if I'm going down the right path with trunkgroups for
> this or if there is something else to take care of the DS1 Identifier
> issue.

Here are the relevant portions of my configs, I based them on a working
model for PRIs connecting the Asterisk to the Option 61 as TIE trunks.
This config has two dual port cards, with span 1 and 3 being a group and
2 and 4 being a different group. I hope this helps. (Or perhaps
identifies something I have wrong that may not have been found yet ;-)

Dale

###################################
/etc/dahdi/system.conf
###################################

# Span 1: TE2/0/1 "T2XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 1" B8ZS/ESF RED
span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs
# termtype: unknown
bchan=1-23
dchan=24
echocanceller=hwec,1-23

# Span 2: TE2/0/2 "T2XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 2" B8ZS/ESF RED
span=2,2,0,esf,b8zs
# termtype: unknown
bchan=25-47
dchan=48
echocanceller=hwec,25-47

# Span 3: TE2/1/1 "T2XXP (PCI) Card 1 Span 1" B8ZS/ESF RED
span=3,3,0,esf,b8zs
# termtype: unknown
bchan=49-71
dchan=72
echocanceller=hwec,49-71

# Span 4: TE2/1/2 "T2XXP (PCI) Card 1 Span 2" (MASTER) B8ZS/ESF RED
span=4,4,0,esf,b8zs
# termtype: unknown
bchan=73-95
dchan=96
echocanceller=hwec,73-95

##############################
/etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf
##############################

[trunkgroups]
trunkgroup => 1,24,72
trunkgroup => 2,48,96
spanmap => 1,1,0
spanmap => 3,1,1
spanmap => 2,2,0
spanmap => 4,2,1

[channels]

; Span 1: TE2/0/1 "T2XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 1" B8ZS/ESF RED
; General Trunking
group=1
context=from-pstn
switchtype = national
signalling = pri_cpe
channel => 1-23

; Span 2: TE2/0/2 "T2XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 2" B8ZS/ESF
; IVR Trunking
group=2
context=from-pstn
switchtype = national
signalling = pri_cpe
channel => 25-47

; Span 3: TE2/1/1 "T2XXP (PCI) Card 1 Span 1" B8ZS/ESF
; General Trunking
group=1
context=from-pstn
switchtype = national
signalling = pri_cpe
channel => 49-71

; Span 4: TE2/1/2 "T2XXP (PCI) Card 1 Span 2" (MASTER) B8ZS/ESF RED
; IVR Trunking
group=2
context=from-pstn
switchtype = national
signalling = pri_cpe
channel => 73-95

--
"The truth speaks for itself. I'm just the messenger."
      Lyta Alexander - Babylon 5