[asterisk-users] CDR into ical?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Sat Jan 14 16:33:20 CST 2012

On 01/14/2012 03:38 PM, Jay R. Worthington wrote:
> Hi y'all,
>
> is there a possibility from within asterisk to write CDR into can
> ical-calendar? Being a (part time) IT-Support-Monkey for almost two
> decades and probably brain-dead since the late 90ties, i usually can't
> remember to whom i've talked to yesterday, let alone a week ago ;). If i
> could see the calls as a meeting in outlook/thunderbird, this could be
> extremely helpfull. I guess i can whip up a perl script that read's some
> cdr (csv or sql) and send's it to ical, but that would not be as nice as
> if asterisk would directly insert a meeting into ical right after the
> call ended... Off course, i used google, but all that turned up was
> hint's how to do cdr, and how to use calendars from the dialplan, but
> not if cdr can directly handle ical...

No, there is no support for storing CDRs into calendars, but you can
certainly use res_calendar from the 'h' extension in your dialplan to
store information about a completed call into a calendar of your
choosing. In fact, I'm pretty sure an example of doing exactly this was
published right after calendar support was added to Asterisk.

--
Kevin P. Fleming