[asterisk-users] Stuck DAHDI Channels

Antonio Modesto modesto at isimples.com.br
Fri Jan 13 10:09:03 CST 2012

Good afternoon,

    My current Asterisk is a FreeBSD 8.2-STABLE machine with
asterisk18-1.8.7.1 installed from ports collection and . My old asterisk
was a pre-configured system (Brazilian Disc-OS), and on both systems i
have the same problem, sometimes some of my DAHDI channels get stuck,
here is my chan_dahdi.conf

#cat chan_dahdi.conf
[trunkgroups]
; define any trunk groups

[channels]
; hardware channels
; default
language=pt_BR
hanguponswitchpolarity=yes
;usecallerid=yes
;callerid=asreceived
;cidsignalling=dtmf
;cidstart=dtmf
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=yes
;usecallingpres=yes
;callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
echocancel=yes
echotraining=yes
immediate=yes
;useincomingcalleridonzaptransfer=yes ( quando transferir a ligacao, o
numero original sera enviado )
;relaxdtmf=yes

;canpark=yes
;cancallforward=yes
;callreturn=yes
;echocancel=yes
;echocancelwhenbridged=yes
;group=1
;callgroup=1
;pickupgroup=1
context=from_clients2
signalling=fxs_ks

; define channels
channel => 1
channel => 2
channel => 3
channel => 4
channel => 5

context=from_celular
signalling=fxs_ks
channel => 9
channel => 10
channel => 11
channel => 12
channel => 13
channel => 14
channel => 15
channel => 16

;context=default
;switchtype=national
;signalling=fxo_ls
;hidecallerid=no
;echocancel=yes
;echocancelwhenbridged=yes
;rxgain=0.0
;txgain=0.0
;immediate=no

The first five channels work fine but some of the channels that are in
the "from_celular" context which are reserved for callback (these
channels are plugged in a celular interface, the callback is configured
in the own interface) get stuck sometimes, the strange is that "core
show channels" shows that one line is calling another, but it happens
without explication. You can think that we are calling the callback
number by another channel and starting a loop, but unfortunately it's
not what is happening =).

There is something that I think that may be causing this problem, we use
these lines in Brazil, where the signaling is DTMF, and my lines are not
configured to use it, they are using the asterisk default, which is FSK,
i don't know if it could cause it, it's just an option.

I know that it's a difficult problem to solve with only the information
above, but if somebody has an idea of what may be happening i would be
grateful.

Regards.