[asterisk-users] ConfBridge no audio problem

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Jan 12 16:56:29 CST 2012

On 01/03/2012 10:14 PM, Roi Stork wrote:
> We're encountering no audio issues in ConfBridge.
>
> Only the moderator and the 1st invited have audio.
> When the 2nd invited number picks up the phone, only the announcement is
> heard, then followed by silence.
>
> This occurs frequently. Only 1 out of 5 test calls do not have this problem.
>
> We were hoping that switching from MeetMe to ConfBridge will solve the
> no audio issue, since there's no more audio mixing with DAHDI.
> What else could be causing this problem?
>
> By the way, our asterisk version is 1.6.2.14

ConfBridge in Asterisk 1.6.2 and Asterisk 1.8 was effectively
'experimental'; it was there to exercise the new 'bridging API', but
really was not stable enough for production usage.

ConfBridge in Asterisk 10 was nearly completely rewritten, and is now
preferred over MeetMe in that version of Asterisk.

--
Kevin P. Fleming