[asterisk-users] Asterisk as register server through OpenSIPS

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Jan 10 03:01:59 CST 2012

9 jan 2012 kl. 09:02 skrev Ronald Cepres:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been trying to register a SIP user agent to an Asterisk server using OpenSIPS as SIP router. The functionality is working fine. However, Asterisk uses the IP address of the OpenSIPS server as the peer IP address. How can I use the original IP address of the peer without changing the peer's nat=yes?
>

> I appreciate any kind of help. Thanks!

You propably have NAT=yes in Asterisk.

If you turn that off, Asterisk will save the contact provided by the phone which will point directly to the phone, bypassing the OpenSIPS proxy. In order to get Asterisk to use the OpenSIPS proxy outbound as well you need to define it as an outbound proxy.

Now, you have to configure NAT support in OpenSIPS since it's the first hop seen from the phone.

/O

----
Twitter @oej Web: http://edvina.net