[asterisk-users] Noise in caller handset when dialing out (with dahdi 2.6.0)

Olivier oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr
Mon Jan 9 12:52:02 CST 2012

Hi,

On a brand new system, I met an issue I've never met before.

My setup is :
debian 6.0.3
asterisk 1.8.8.1
dahdi 2.6.0
libpri 1.4.12
freepbx 2.9.0.4
TE420FB (with hardware EC)

This is the very first time I'm using Freepbx and the whole
configuration was first generated by a "make samples" command.

When a SIP hardphone dials another SIP hardphone, everything is OK.
When the same SIP hardphone dials an external number, there is a quite
loud noise that can be heard within the handset from the moment the
digit sequence have been sent to the  moment any party hangs up. The
other party doesn't hear this noise.
(It's not easy for me to describe this noise)

I don't have any idea of where to look at.
What would you suggest or recommend ?

Regards