[asterisk-users] Best non polycom SIP conference room phone

Carlos Alvarez carlos at televolve.com
Sun Jan 8 14:38:21 CST 2012

On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 9:02 AM, C F <shmaltz at gmail.com> wrote:

> I find that the bottom line of all polycom haters is ones inability of
> comprehending the config files and not in its quality.

We have no problem with their config files.  They are no worse than
anything else, including the SPA series phones that we greatly prefer over
the Polycom.  The Polycom phones simply are more effort and more
time-consuming than the SPA phones, and some others (though there are worse
phones).  We hate working with them for a wide variety of reasons, but the
config files are certainly not one of them.

> However check out Panasonic. They make a sip conference phone.

I didn't know about the conference phone from them.  We sell their wireless
phones and found them extremely annoying to learn to configure, with lots
of quirks and bugs, but once they are working they are good.  Once you get
to know the oddities and have a suitable provisioning server set up,
deploying more is no problem.  Troubleshooting is annoying because the
documentation is poor and there are lots of quirks/bugs/unexpected
"features."

User acceptance on the Panasonic is very good.

--
Carlos Alvarez
TelEvolve