[asterisk-users] Best non polycom SIP conference room phone

Ryan Wagoner rswagoner at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 14:22:56 CST 2012

On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 12:03 PM, <BryantZ at zktech.com> wrote:

> Thank you for your responses. No where did I say I hate polycom phones. I
> personally do not like their approach to sip as a company. Their audio
> quality  is top notch but for me the rest leaves me wanting. Has anyone
> used the newer snom conference room phone?

If the Snom conference phone is anything like their deskphone speakerphone
I would stay away. We purchased Snom 360s for the large number of BLF and
VPN capability. However I quickly had complaints about the speakerphone.
Additionally the user interface was laggy. I've tried changing settings and
they still sound like a non duplex speakerphone. I only have a few Snom
phones left and everything else is Polycom. You can't beat their sound
quality and the user interface is responsive. If you keep an eye out on the
clearance deals at telephonydepot.com you can sometimes grab a Polycom
speakerphone for a great price.

Ryan