[asterisk-users] [SOLVED - need explanation] Asterisk 10.0 & 1.4 - iax codec are not compatible

Joseph syscon780 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 14:56:37 CST 2012

On 01/07/12 13:42, Eric Wieling wrote:
>The codecs and contexts defined in [general] apply to unauthenticated calls.  If the incoming call matched the entry in sip.conf or iax.conf then the codecs in that entry would be used.

I just change in iax.conf in [general] section:
from:
allow=all

to:
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw

Codec and with Asterisk 1.4.39 is working but CallerID is working as well.

Can someone explain to me how changing in allow=ulaw/alaw in iax.conf effect the display of incoming CallerID from PSTN line.
My AudioCode gateway communicate with asterisk server using SIP, so why changed to iax.conf affect sip communication?

So how did it happen?  It is good, it is working but can someone with more knowledge explain us WHY?
As I'm sure I'll not be the only one with this problem of CallerID.

--
Joseph