[asterisk-users] best softphone for 2012?

Raj Mathur ( राज माथुर ) raju at linux-delhi.org
Fri Jan 6 20:33:22 CST 2012

On Saturday 07 Jan 2012, Tom Poe wrote:
> Just installed asterisknow 1.6.  I can access freepbx.  I need to
> test system on my LAN.  Which softphone is best to use?  I'm running
> ubuntu on Dell optiplex G260 desktop at home.  I'm hoping to setup
> basic IP PBX for incoming/outgoing calls.  No video.

We've tried out Qutecom, Linphone and SFLPhone, and all three work well
for our client's environment (call-out centre).  We finally implemented
Qutecom for most of the desktops, for some reason that escapes my memory
right now.

Ekiga was just too heavy for our needs.  There's also Twinkle, which is
what we use for testing since it's light and fast.

Regards,

-- Raj
--
Raj Mathur                          || raju at kandalaya.org   || GPG: