[asterisk-users] Speech recognition in asterisk using google voice API

Lefteris Zafiris zaf.000 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 20:40:10 CST 2012

On Fri, 6 Jan 2012 20:46:14 -0500
Bruce B <bruceb444 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does sox have more features on a Debian system than RHEL? Is that why
> it won't work on RHEL?

RHEL's 5 version of sox is really old and outdated. The command syntax
and the switches are totally different compared to recent versions of
sox.
Anyway I'm not sure audio normalization and the rest we use sox for is
really needed. My tests so far didn't show any improvements in
detection rates. Keep in mind that all this is still WIP and the
option to use sox is more for testing than for serious use.