[asterisk-users] asterisk 1.8.8 - caller ID not working.

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Thu Jan 5 21:42:01 CST 2012

Joseph wrote:
<snip>
> but not it is not working again.
> I wish they stop screwing up with that Asterisk, they keep introducing
> new version and more bugs :-/
> I just keep waisting my time hunting and fixing features that stop
> working.

Easy fix.
STOP using the latest and "greatest" or even near latest.

Revert to a version that works for your specific application, and leave
it alone.

I am in a community that uses mostly 1.4, some 1.2, even a couple that
still use 1.0, with a very few using 1.6 or 1.8
I remember 1.4 went through many versions with certain technologies
broken, then fixed, then broken again

John Novack

--

Dog is my Co-pilot