[asterisk-users] Speech recognition in asterisk using google voice API

Lefteris Zafiris zaf.000 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 13:59:39 CST 2012

On Wed, 04 Jan 2012 14:48:22 -0500
sean darcy <seandarcy2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is really spectacular. Thanks.
>
> I'm running Fedora 15, so I can use flac or sox. Any reason to prefer
> one over the other?
>
> sean

We have to convert the voice data to flac format before sending them to
google, this can be done by both sox and flac encoder. For now the
script uses flac encoder for compatibility with older distros (mainly
RHEL 5). Sox is a bit more flexible and also gives you the option to
edit the sound data (normalizing, changing levels etc).