[asterisk-users] ISDN E1, after electrical disconnected is not becoming UP, IRQ misses: 1

Shaun Ruffell sruffell at digium.com
Tue Jan 3 17:01:57 CST 2012

On Tue, Jan 03, 2012 at 02:41:33PM -0800, bilal ghayyad wrote:
> Dear All;
>
> I am afraid from IRQ misses: 1
>
> The ISDN E1 was working fine on the machine, the electrical
> disconnected and then the Red Allarm. I checked the dahdi and I
> found that I have to reinstall dahdi again and I did. But still
> not becoming UP.
>
> The output of the cat /proc/dahdi/1 is following (I am afraid from
> the IRQ misses: 1, so if it is a problem what is the solution)?
>
> [root at CC asterisk]# cat /proc/dahdi/1
> Span 1: TE2/0/1 "T2XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 1" (MASTER) HDB3/CCS/CRC4 RED
>         IRQ misses: 1

If it's just one IRQ miss, I don't think that by itself is anything to
worry about, although I would make sure you don't have a frame buffer,
slow serial console, etc.. configured on this system.

I am not sure why you would have to reinstall DAHDI after
disconnecting the electricity unless the disk was corrupted because
it was just installed without syncing to the disk.

I would make sure that that you can put the span in loopback and run
patlooptest: ie.

 /usr/src/dahdi-tools# dahdi_maint -s 1 --loopback localhost
 /usr/src/dahdi-tools# ./patlooptest /dev/dahdi/1 -t 10
 Using Timeout of 10 Seconds
 Going for it...
 Timeout achieved Ending Program
 Test ran 33 loops of 2039 bytes/loop with 0 errors
 /usr/src/dahdi-tools# dahdi_maint -s 1 --loopback off
 Span 1: loopback OFF

If that works you will most likely need to investigate with your
provider. They may have to reset things on their end.

--
Shaun Ruffell
Digium, Inc. | Linux Kernel Developer