[asterisk-users] Ringing agents cell as an alert?

Todd Routhier fonemasta at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 12:06:49 CST 2012

Happy New Year to all!

Asterisk 1.8.x

I have a queue to which I add agent channels like SIP/300 dynamically using
the manager interface. Once logged in, there SIP/300 of course rings when a
call is distributed to them.

How can I also get the agents cell phone to ring without actually adding it
to the queue? I mean id I add something goofy like
SIP/MyProvider/15554443333 to the queue, I don't know what will happen at
this point, haven't tested it. Even if it works (asterisk channel state
etc) it will mess with the queue and treat the cell phone like a separate
agent, messing up call distribution etc.

I am trying to be as clear as possible, sorry if my questions are cloudy.

Basically, I have the queue doing what I want right now, I just want to add
the ability to have an agent's cell phone ring as a means of alerting them
if they are away from their desk. If they can answer the call and the queue
will handle it just as they answered it from their SIP device, that would
be a bonus. I know this can all be done, just not sure how to tackle it at
the moment.

Any guidance would be appreciated, thanks in advance.