[asterisk-users] Same provider - IAX sounds bad, SIP sounds great

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Feb 29 12:01:55 CST 2012

On 02/29/2012 11:35 AM, Troy Telford wrote:
> On 2012-02-28 21:22:44 +0000, Kevin P. Fleming said:
>
>> On 02/28/2012 03:08 PM, Troy Telford wrote:
>>
>>> [myprovider]
>>> type=friend
>>> username=
>>> secret=
>>> context=somecontext
>>> host=provider_server
>>> qualify=1000
>>> disallow=all
>>> allow=g729
>>> allow=ulaw
>>> auth=md5,rsa
>>> requirecalltoken=yes
>>> trunk=yes
>>
>> A serious bug with IAX2 trunking in recent versions of Asterisk (you did
>> not mention what version you are using) was just resolved last week. You
>> should test with 'trunk=no' to see if that is the cause of your problem;
>> it seems very likely.
>
> trunk=yes was the source of the problem.

Thanks for following up! The patch to resolve this problem was very
small, but I understand your desire to wait for a package. It will be in
the 1.8.11 release, although of course the Debian team could choose to
backport the one-line fix into their existing release if they so choose.

--
Kevin P. Fleming