[asterisk-users] Same provider - IAX sounds bad, SIP sounds great

Steve Totaro stotaro at asteriskhelpdesk.com
Tue Feb 28 19:58:06 CST 2012

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 7:41 PM, Carlos Alvarez <carlos at televolve.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 5:35 PM, Alejandro Imass <ait at p2ee.org> wrote:
> > works. This cannot be done with SIP and off the shelf cheap ATAs,
> > period.
>
> We do it, so "cannot" seems to be a strong word.  It's not perfect,
> but our IAX problems outnumbered the SIP problems by at least double.
> Your mileage clearly varies.

Yes, I have had no problems with Grandstream first gen ATAs, configured
with server and credentials and shipped off, they just work.

> > Also, respect netiquette and don't top post and use derogatory remarks
> > and keep your discussion technical.
>
> Unfortunately, top-posting has become normal on this list.  I'm just
> fitting into how others were quoting the conversation.  If you find my
> remarks derogatory, I don't particularly care.

I follow the direction of the conversation.  If people are top posting,
then I follow suit, bottom, then I bottom post, inline as we are, then that
is what I do.  When in Rome....