[asterisk-users] Postgresql in Asterisk

Sergio Basurto sbasurto at soft-gator.com
Mon Feb 27 13:49:44 CST 2012

Thank you Jonathan,

I already do the steps you mention, my configuration is:

in res_odbc.conf

enabled => yes
dsn => asterisk-connector
pre-connect => yes

in odbc.ini

[asterisk-connector]
Description             = PostgreSQL connection to 'asterisk' database
Driver                      = PostgreSQL
Database                = db_asterisk
Servername            = localhost
UserName                = asterisk
Password                = secret
Port                        = 5432
Protocol                    = 9.1
ReadOnly                    = No
RowVersioning           = No
ShowSystemTables    = No
ShowOidColumn       = No
FakeOidIndex            = No
ConnSettings            =

in odbcinst.ini

[PostgreSQL]
Description     = ODBC for PostgreSQL
Driver          = /usr/lib/libodbcpsql.so
Setup           = /usr/lib/libodbcpsql.so
FileUsage       = 1

if I run with root:

#echo "select 1" | isql -v asterisk-connector

returns

| Connected!                            |
| sql-statement                         |
| help [tablename]                      |
| quit                                  |
SQL> select 1
+------------+
| ?column?   |
+------------+
| 1          |
+------------+
SQLRowCount returns 1
1 rows fetched

This show me that it can connect, the thing is that in the asterisk logs
it returns:

res_odbc.c: Connecting asterisk
res_odbc.c: res_odbc: Error SQLConnect=-1 errno=101 [unixODBC]Could not
connect to the server;
Could not connect to remote socket
res_odbc.c: Failed to connect to asterisk
res_odbc.c: Registered ODBC class 'asterisk' dsn->[asterisk-connector]
res_odbc.c: res_odbc loaded.

I notice that if I run the isql command with other user than root, it
returns

[S1000][unixODBC]Could not connect to the server;
Could not connect to remote socket.
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

I guess is an extra configuration for ODBC that I am missing, what you
think?

Regards,