[asterisk-users] Is Asterisk 10 available in Digium Repository? I doesn't show up

Jason Parker jparker at digium.com
Mon Feb 27 09:05:10 CST 2012

On 02/26/2012 06:22 PM, Patrick Lists wrote:
> On 25-02-12 19:47, Jason Parker wrote:
>> yum and rpm do not support downgrades.
>
> Incorrect. There is yum downgrade. See man yum.

yum downgrade is extremely broken.  It fails, often, potentially leaving a
system in an unrecoverable state.  That is not to mention how poorly conceived
the concept is.  Consider what would happen if a package upgraded some resource
to a non-backwards-compatible version.

It is completely unsupported on the Digium repositories.  Please don't try it -
I will not help fix it.