[asterisk-users] Transfer to fax

Mike Diehl mdiehl at diehlnet.com
Fri Feb 24 17:20:38 CST 2012

On Friday 24 February 2012 4:06:19 pm Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> On 02/24/2012 05:00 PM, Mike Diehl wrote:

> >> Thank you.  Then, that's what I'll do.
> >
> > On second though, I think my suggestion that FFA and fax detect were
> > mutually exclusive stemmed from the idea that a call that was being
> > originated/answered/handled by FFA would have it's call disconnected and
> > redirected by fax detect.
> >
> > If this is the case, it changes my dial plan logic, and I'm not sure I
> > fully understand what changes I'll need to make.
> >
> > For all I know, it might even simplify things by isolating all fax
> > handling in one block.
>
> Well, first you should not have faxdetect enabled on outbound channels.
> That takes care of the 'originating' part.
>
> If you have an inbound channel that you *know* you are sending to
> ReceiveFAX, then you can just disable faxdetect on that channel before
> doing so (this is why we made 'faxdetect' configurable from the
> dialplan). Alternatively, you can just let calls that you *know* are
> going to go to ReceiveFAX (dedicated FAX DIDs, for example) just 'idle'
> in the dialplan listening to silence until faxdetect kicks in and sends
> them to ReceiveFAX.
>
> Note that the usage of FFA is not relevant here; whether you are using
> Fax for Asterisk, the free version of it, or res_fax_spandsp, the
> behavior and scenarios would be the same.

Very nice.

Sounds like I need to add a faxdetect column to my SIP real-time configuration.
Once I've done a sip reload or pruned/loaded my user agents, I should be good
to go!

Didn't know faxdetect was configurable in the dialplan...  Pointer to how to do
it?

BTW, FFA rocks!

--

Take care and have fun,