[asterisk-users] Transfer to fax

Mike Diehl mdiehl at diehlnet.com
Fri Feb 24 17:00:44 CST 2012

On Friday 24 February 2012 3:17:04 pm Mike Diehl wrote:
> On Friday 24 February 2012 2:39:48 pm Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> > On 02/24/2012 03:32 PM, Mike Diehl wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I've got a user that has one phone number an wants to be able to us it
> > > for both voice and fax.
> > >
> > > When a fax call comes in, he wants to do some incantation on the keypad
> > > and have the call go to the fax machine.
> > >
> > > As I see it, he has 3 options.
> > >
> > > 1.  (blind?) Transfer it to the fax extension.
> > >
> > > 2.  Use features.conf to create a key sequence, say *2, to
> > > dial/transfer to a fax extension.
> > >
> > > 3.  Use fax detect (SIP) to do it automatically.  However I'm also
> > > using FFA, so I suspect these are mutually exclusive.
> >
> > They are not. Enabling faxdetect should do exactly what you want; it
> > will redirect the call to the 'fax' extension in the current context,
> > and you can then Dial() your FAX machine (or send the call to
> > ReceiveFAX).
>
> Thank you.  Then, that's what I'll do.

On second though, I think my suggestion that FFA and fax detect were mutually
exclusive stemmed from the idea that a call that was being
originated/answered/handled by FFA would have it's call disconnected and
redirected by fax detect.

If this is the case, it changes my dial plan logic, and I'm not sure I fully
understand what changes I'll need to make.

For all I know, it might even simplify things by isolating all fax handling in
one block.

Comments?

--

Take care and have fun,