[asterisk-users] Transfer to fax

Mike Diehl mdiehl at diehlnet.com
Fri Feb 24 15:32:08 CST 2012

Hi all,

I've got a user that has one phone number an wants to be able to us it for
both voice and fax.

When a fax call comes in, he wants to do some incantation on the keypad and
have the call go to the fax machine.

As I see it, he has 3 options.

1.  (blind?) Transfer it to the fax extension.

2.  Use features.conf to create a key sequence, say *2, to dial/transfer to a
fax extension.

3.  Use fax detect (SIP) to do it automatically.  However I'm also using FFA,
so I suspect these are mutually exclusive.

Does anyone have any insight as to which would work better?

TIA,

--

Take care and have fun,
Mike Diehl.