[asterisk-users] DECT with handover

giovanni.v iax at keybits.org
Fri Feb 24 05:08:18 CST 2012

Il 23/02/2012 13.54, Paulo Santos ha scritto:
> I'm looking for a solution where I need a DECT system with handover or
> repeaters for at least 10 simultaneous calls. The Snom m9 supports
> handover but I believe it's incompatible with asterisk since it requires
> to have the same SIP account associated with multiple IPs. I'm looking
> at Polycom's wireless servers but I couldn't figure out exactly how they
> work. Does the KIRK Wireless Server 300 support handover in a asterisk
> compatible way?

Both systems you mentioned are "single cell" so the term handover
doesn't make sense at all. Repeaters simply expand the single cell.
Also both w300 and M9 supports only 4 concurrent calls.
However the Polycon/Kirk 300 solution works very well in asterisk.

Almost all DECT professional systems offer 8 concurrent calls per cell
because some channels are needed to ensure handover support.
To get 10 concurrent dect calls You should move to a multicell system
like Aastra RFP or Polycom/Kirk 6000.
Gigaset also now offer a new and very interesting sip/dect system called
N720 wich support both handover and roaming:
- http://gigaset.com/pro/hq/en/product/GIGASETN720DECTIPPRO.html