[asterisk-users] Where can I find some good examples of listening to AMI events via PHP & how to listen to a specific event?

Ast Coder asteriskcoding at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 22:08:06 CST 2012

Hi everyone,

I got HTTP AMI working fine here. For example this dials 1-415-999-8888 and
then sends to Extension 9999 at from-internal:

http://192.168.0.100:8088/asterisk/manager?action=command&originate&DAHDI/g0/14159998888&extension&9999@from-internal

However, I want to have some control over this call. I want to be notified
the moment this call is hangup. I guess there would be a hangup event
generated. I am not sure if that would be done through action:waitevent? or
if there is another method.

I am also looking for some php samples on listening for these events as I
am trying to create a Web GUI for a dialer that will allow me to show
status of a call in real-time like "Call In Progress", "Call Ended", etc...

I see that too many events are generated and I am wondering if there is an
easy way of listening for a particular event? Would that be ActionID? if
so, how to use it?

Thanks a lot