[asterisk-users] Rejecting transfers to in-use parking spaces

Phil Frost phil at macprofessionals.com
Thu Feb 23 13:44:01 CST 2012

I'm trying to emulate the functionality of our existing phone system, which is somewhat different than what Asterisk provides with a trivial parking configuration. I'd like each user to have three park buttons, park 1, park 2, park 3. The snom 870s I'm using have a "Park+Orbit" button, which best I can determine, is a shortcut to transfer someone to an extension. So, I defined some extensions:

exten => _*70[123],1,NoOp(parking in ${EXTEN:1})
    same => n,Set(PARKINGEXTEN=${EXTEN:1})
    same => n,GotoIf(${DEVICE_STATE(park:${PARKINGEXTEN}@parkedcalls)}=INUSE?busy)
    same => n,Park()
    same => n(busy),Busy()

As you can see, I'm calling Busy() if someone is already parked in the space, but this doesn't do what I'd like. What I'm hoping to accomplish is have Asterisk respond to the Sip REFER to *701 with a 404 or similar response; if Asterisk can do this, then the Snom will say "transfer failed!". As it is, the transfer is successful, and the caller hears a busy tone. Is there an application that has the effect of "Pretend this extension doesn't exist", or can I somehow get the caller back to the person that tried to park them in this space that's in use?

Also, if anyone has specific experience with the Snoms, I'd like to improve this further. The Park+Orbit buttons seem to transfer the caller to an extension, and I can use a BLF button to monitor the spaces and unpark calls. It would be better if I could do this with just one button which parks the caller if currently on a call, or which unparks a call if I'm not on a call. Anyone have some idea how to accomplish this with the Snom 870?