[asterisk-users] Starting asterisk: Cannot find specified TTY

Jonas Kellens jonas.kellens at telenet.be
Thu Feb 23 13:36:02 CST 2012

Hello,

when trying to start Asterisk on a new server, I got the following problem :

[root at sip asterisk]# /etc/init.d/asterisk status
asterisk is stopped
[root at sip asterisk]# /etc/init.d/asterisk start
Starting asterisk: Cannot find specified TTY (9)
                                                            [FAILED]

I can start asterisk with /usr/sbin/asterisk -c but when I quit the CLI
the asterisk proces is stopped also...

What's wrong ?! I do not have this on another server.

Kind regards,
Jonas.