[asterisk-users] Streaming musiconhold via mpg123

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Feb 23 11:50:22 CST 2012

On 02/21/2012 11:30 PM, Jason Parker wrote:
> On 02/21/2012 05:34 PM, Stephen Brown wrote:
>> application=/usr/bin/mpg123 -q -s -f 8192 --mono -r 8000
>> /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/music/Rolling In The Deep.mp3
> Probably unrelated to your issue, but you're going to want to quote that
> filename.

And while I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV, you should be
aware that using copyrighted music as music-on-hold can constitute
'broadcast' of that music, and might result in you being obligated to
pay royalties to the copyright holders and their license managers. You
need to investigate the situation in the place you plan to do this.

I'll also state that while I very much enjoy that song, I do not want to
*ever* hear it in 8kHz mono :-)

--
Kevin P. Fleming