[asterisk-users] Is Asterisk 10 available in Digium Repository? I doesn't show up

Jason Parker jparker at digium.com
Thu Feb 23 10:15:39 CST 2012

On 02/23/2012 10:09 AM, Ast Coder wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have followed instruction
> on https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+Packages#AsteriskPackages-Prerequisites to
> add Digium Asterisk repositories but doing a, "yum search asterisk" only shows
> me Asterisk 1.4, 1.6, and 1.8. There is no Asterisk 10 and "yum install
> asterisk10" fails. Am I missing something? or Asterisk 10 is just no available
> in binary?
>
> Thanks,

There are now repositories for each major version of Asterisk, which have to be
explicitly enabled to use them.

`yum update` to get to the latest of everything, then do `yum update
--enablerepo=asterisk-10`.  Asterisk 10 will be installed, and that repository
will be enabled permanently.  I'll add that information to the wiki shortly.