[asterisk-users] Park and PARKINGDYNAMIC

Richard Mudgett rmudgett at digium.com
Wed Feb 22 18:31:47 CST 2012

> I have been trying to get the dynamic parking working.
>
> For some reason when I park a call using this method the console says
> it is using the default parking context not the one I am trying to
> specidfy. It also is playing the parked extension to the caller. I
> am transfering the call to an extension that is doing a goto to the
> context below. Any ideas or examples on how to make this work. What
> I need to be able to do is have multiple parking lots using the same
> extension pools but seperated by a dynamic context of
> ${account}-Lot. So that each office suite cant cross pickup another
> groups parked calls while using the same number pool of 110-120. I
> need the dynamic option as all of our calls are database driven and
> we can't add a seperate entry per customer to the feautres.conf.
>

> [MSIP-DynPark]
> exten => s,1,NoOp(Dynamic Parking)
> exten => s,n,NoOp(Return Parked Call)
> exten => s,n,GoTo(${CUT(${l_ndeContext}-ndeArgs,~,1)},1)
>
> exten => _XXX,1,Set(PARKINGDYNAMIC=parkinglot_small)
> exten => _XXX,n,Set(PARKINGDYNEXTEN=110)
> exten => _XXX,n,Set(PARKINGDYNPOS=111-120)
> exten => _XXX,n,Set(PARKINGDYNCONTEXT=${account}-Lot)
> ;exten => _XXX,n,Set(PARKINGEXTEN=99)
> exten => _XXX,n,Park()
>
> [MSIP-DynParkPickup]
> exten => _NXX,1,ParkedCall(${EXTEN},${account}-Lot)
> exten => _NXX,hint,park:$EXTEN@${account}-Lot

I think you have a couple issues with this dialplan:

1) Many issues with parking lots have been fixed so I recommend at least
v1.8.7 or v10.1.  Multiple parkinglots before these versions was very
broken.

2) PARKINGDYNAMIC is the parkinglot to use as a template for a dynamically
created parkinglot.  It is not the parkinglot to park the call.

3) The dialplan you show here is not specifying a parkinglot so it will be a
parkinglot set when the channel is created or the default.  If the selected
parkinglot does not exist it will then be dynamically created.

See the CLI "core show application Park" documentation.

4) You are likely running into https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-19322

Richard