[asterisk-users] dahdi and digium debian package

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Wed Feb 22 12:36:05 CST 2012

On Wednesday 22 February 2012, ml asterisk wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm trying to install dahdi. I just need the dahdi timer for
> conference.
> I currently using digium debian package for asterisk 1.8.8.1.
> When i install asterisk-dahdi , i've got several dependencies which
> came for official debian repository (including the dahdi package) and
> are outdated.
> Is it normal than dahdi is not include into digium packages ? Do i have
> to compil it before install asterisk-dahdi ?

Debian packages are designed for "least surprise".  By the time a package has
made it to "Stable" it is pretty thoroughly tested, but may be out of date.

My best suggestion?  Uninstall and purge any Debian packages you installed
(backup needed config files first .....)  and just install Dahdi and Asterisk
from the Source Code.

--
AJS

Answers come *after* questions.