[asterisk-users] Multiprocess Asterisk

Yaroslav Panych panych.y at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 07:25:56 CST 2012

2012/2/20 M Takahashi <makoto01.takahashi at g.softbank.co.jp>:
> Is anybody running multiprocess of Asterisk on a server ? Does it work well? My configuration is too complicated. I know Asterisk on a virtual machine works well. but OS overhead is considerable. that is why I want to divide a process.

Running 3 instances of Asterisk on the same Server. My configuration
not very complicated and Server not very overloaded but it works. Main
task was to separate for each instance own network port range, and to
make separate File-System sandbox(and so get rid of some absolute path
in dialplans). But you should properly calculate hardware requirements
in order to achieve required performance.

Also, if You use Linux, you can user native kernel virtualisation
technologies. Personally I recommend to use LXC. It has almost zero
overhead, because works on native, logically separated environments.