[asterisk-users] How to receive SMS ?

Andreas Sikkema h323 at ramdyne.nl
Sat Feb 18 13:50:25 CST 2012

On 2/18/12 00:17 , Gilles wrote:
> I'd also be interested in learning from anyone who uses a GSM gateway
> to TX/RX text messages with Asterisk and SIP clients.

We're using a GSM gateway to send SMS messages from our network
monitoring system. Once you dig through some chipset specs it was
suprisingly easy to start sending SMS messages. While we didn't
investigate receiving messages fully we did one quick test and that was
easy enough. You just need some daemon to monitor the gateway to see if
it has received a message and pass it on to Asterisk, sending the other
way around is not that different.

--
Andreas Sikkema