[asterisk-users] SER Still recommended for large installs?

Jason W. Parks jason.w.parks at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 07:40:51 CST 2012

I'm reading some information that recommends using SER / OpenSER for
large installation to offload SIP traffic from the Asterisk server.

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+at+large

However, it looks like the information might be dated.

I'm looking at a potential 750 SIP phone and 150 Analog installation,
all internal network, PRI trunks, and am trying to nail down an
architecture.

Opinions? You think I skip the SER box if I'm using 1.8?

Thanks!

--

"I get enough exercise just pushing my luck."