[asterisk-users] Asterisk && RTCP

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri Feb 17 06:01:51 CST 2012

On 02/17/2012 12:09 AM, Sammy Govind wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thanks for taking out tome for my query. Yes I do have an actual
> problem. I've a monitoring tool to record the VoIP QoS (Asterisk servers
> port mirrored to it). My end points(soft-phones) are sending RTCP
> connection strings to asterisk, and Asterisk then forwards their call to
> their destination choosing any suitable carrier.
>
> If I don't get RTCP flowing through asterisk the monitoring tool simply
> fails to display and call stats. Please advice what should I be doing to
> cater this.

As I said before, you will never get RTCP *flowing through* Asterisk.
When your softphone calls Asterisk, that will be a separate call leg
from the one from Asterisk to your provider. Your monitoring tool should
treat those as separate call legs and produce an analysis for them
independently.

--
Kevin P. Fleming