[asterisk-users] Is there any way to make call fail after # of rings?

CDR venefax at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 03:00:09 CST 2012

My customer needs to set a forwarding based on number of rings,i.e.,
if the phone rings 5 times (user-selectable), then try another number.
Is there a way to do such a thing with Asterisk? I could not find way
to do it based on the documentation of the Dial function. The protocol
is SIP only, however, I could use a different one if it provided a
workaround. If this is the wrong tool for the job, what technology
would do this?