[asterisk-users] Asterisk && RTCP

Sammy Govind govoiper at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 01:16:25 CST 2012

Hello list,

I need to know about Asterisk's friendly nature with RTCP. I've phones
which support RTCP and they connect to the outer world via multiple
carriers. In one of my recent packet traces I've observed that the caller
initiated a call with rtcp string in SDP while for the same
call dialling our from Asterisk to the carrier has no RTCP string in SDP !
Can anyone please tell why is this so! or if there is anything I can do to
make RTCPs flow through the asterisk server !
I've asterisk 1.6.2.20 in production.

Thanks,
Sammy.