[asterisk-users] skip authentication for REGISTER

Matt Hamilton mistral9999 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 14 08:43:59 CST 2012

Hi,

For REGISTER and SUBSCRIBE requests coming from UACs, is it possible to make Asterisk skip authentication even if a "secret" is defined in sip.conf for the peer; i.e. similar to insecure=invite for INVITE requests?

If I leave "secret" blank, Asterisk doesn't require any authentication - this works as I want. However, I also use "SIP NOTIFY" to contact UACs (UACs are set to require authorization for NOTIFY), but without the "secret" defined, Asterisk can't send the correct authorization.

Thanks,
Matt