[asterisk-users] How to implement outlook popup

Luke Hamburg luke at solvent-llc.com
Tue Feb 14 07:51:54 CST 2012

Try TAPIRex
http://www.tapirex.com/en/

It's not free, but I've been using it with Asterisk + Outlook 2010
successfully.  Users can also click on the screenpop and it will open up the
contact in Outlook.  Pretty handy.  You will need to make dialplan
modifications to send out the call info to the user's workstations.  TAPIRex
implements a YAC listener on port 10629 so something like

same => n,Set(cnam=CALLERID(name))
same => n,Set(cnum=CALLERID(num))
same => n,System(echo -e -n @CALL${cnam}~${cnum}|nc -w 1
${IP_of_screenpop_user} 10629)

That code hasn't been tested -- it's just an example.