[asterisk-users] India Pune Pri call problem

virendra bhati virbhati at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 02:01:08 CST 2012

Satish,

As if I know, PRI provider give you PRI number at the time of purchase and
even billing documents will be made on the basis of the number only. So how
you can set another Caller-id number for that allotted number.

But you can do only change the PRI number for outside world after
discussion with PRI provider. I did the same with Idea UP West circle. They
provide me 3 Callerid for single PRI lines for making OBD calls on that
circle.

So all things is depends on PRI providers not at your end.

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 1:24 PM, Satish Barot <satish4asterisk at gmail.com>wrote:

> Indian Telcos do allow setting callerid on PRI line and you can set the
> callerid to one of the numbers allocated by them for PRI.
>
> --Satish Barot
>

> On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 6:49 PM, Ast Coder <asteriskcoding at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> India TRAI rules doesn't allow for CLID setting. They are backwards
>> minded. If you ever get them to do it let me know ;)
>>
>> -Bruce

>>> Why not? Every PRI I have used supported it. Is this a carrier-specific
>>> thing?

>>> --
>>>

>> --
>>

> --